Emergency First Aid at Work
Emergency first aid at work – 6 hours (1 day)
Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
This qualification is aimed at learners already working or preparing to work in industry that is identified within the company’s risk assessments of first aid being a lower risk.
This comprehensive, interactive and informative course aims to equip delegates with the essential knowledge and practical skills to enable them to carry out emergency first aid in the work place.
• Understanding the role of an emergency first aider.
• Know how to assess an incident.
• Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
• Managed an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
• Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
• Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
• Manage a casualty who is in shock.
• Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
The practical assessment of learners for the qualification is completed throughout the course delivery. This on going assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas.
The oral examination component of this qualification will be completed via on going questioning/discussion with learners on the course. This assessment will require learners to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in a number of first aid related areas